Improve your cultural awareness and understanding of cross-cultural communication
(Estimated completion time: 9+ hours)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Prominent intercultural communication theories
- How to identify and overcome barriers to cross-cultural communication
- How to determine your current level of intercultural competency
- Useful tips for improving your cultural fluency
- An understanding of specific cultural norms in Greater China, Mexico, and Vietnam
No prior knowledge or experience is required. All you need is a computer or mobile phone with a web browser!
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- 5+ hours on-demand video
- 17 additional articles & learning resources
- Interactive activities
- 3 assessments
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and computer
- Certificate of completion
Cultural fluency is the set of skills that allow people to live, work and interact effectively in a multicultural environment. As the world continues to become more globalized and increasingly connected, cultural fluency has never been more important. This course is designed to provide an understanding of cultural fluency and the importance of adaptability when dealing with intercultural communication in both the workplace and society. There will be a focus on the foundations of intercultural understanding and developing your own cultural fluency, as well as case studies focusing on cultural norms in Greater China, Mexico, and Vietnam.
Ultimately, this course will help you understand the effect of a society’s values on its culture and customs, improve your intercultural communication skills, and develop a cultural fluency that will enhance your personal and professional life.
During this course, you will:
- Learn the different theories, models, and dimensions of cross-cultural communication
- Create a written article examining the culture of a specific country
- Self-assess your knowledge of intercultural communication and how you can improve management of these
- Understand how to adapt this knowledge into the real working world through business-scenario case studies
- And much more!
This course is full of relevant activities, examples, videos, and additional resources that will allow you to further develop your cultural knowledge and intercultural communication competencies. Improving your intercultural fluency and intercultural communication skills will benefit you professionally and personally, while also strengthening your teamwork and collaboration skills. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate which can be displayed on LinkedIn or downloaded as a PDF.
Our courses are available to you on a ‘Pay What You Can’ basis.
In line with our core value of inclusivity, we want to help improve the intercultural fluency, digital competency and employability of every student and recent graduate. We don't want money to be a barrier, so our courses are available at whatever price you can afford.
We’re proud of our course content and if you can afford to pay our suggested price, you’ll be helping us on our mission of building the world’s biggest and most inclusive work experience programme.
£48 is the average price that participants on our 2020 university and government funded programmes suggested would be fair.