Develop transferable skills to enhance your overall employability!
(Estimated completion time: 5+ hours)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to increase your self-awareness, and why it is important in the workplace
- Universal employability skills that are in demand
- How to demonstrate your skills to a potential employer
- Common mistakes made on CV’s and LinkedIn
- Interview and cover letter writing tips
No prior knowledge or experience is required. All you need is a computer or mobile phone with a web browser!
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- 2+ hours on-demand video
- 5 additional articles & learning resources
- Interactive activities
- 3 assessments
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and computer
- Certificate of completion
This course aims to improve employability skills through self-awareness, skills awareness and enhancing career readiness. You’ll become equipped with the tools to identify your current skillset, understand those that need developing and transfer your skills to different job specifications using personal examples to showcase these. The aim of this course is to build confidence when applying for the next career step as well as provide a broader set of skills and attributes to ensure success throughout your working life.
During this course, you will:
- Improve your CV and understand how to tailor this to different applications
- Create a basic template for a cover letter linked to your skillset and examples which can later be adapted
- Discover your unique personality type and how it affects your workplace interactions
- Become more self-aware and understand the skills you already have, plus those that need to be developed
- Perform a personal SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- And much more!
This course is also full of relevant activities, examples, videos, and additional resources that will aid you in developing and improving your employability skills. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate which can be displayed on LinkedIn or downloaded as a PDF.
Our courses are available to you on a ‘Pay What You Can’ basis.
In line with our core value of inclusivity, we want to help improve the intercultural fluency, digital competency and employability of every student and recent graduate. We don't want money to be a barrier, so our courses are available at whatever price you can afford.
We’re proud of our course content and if you can afford to pay our suggested price, you’ll be helping us on our mission of building the world’s biggest and most inclusive work experience programme.
£48 is the average price that participants on our 2020 university and government funded programmes suggested would be fair.