SUMMER SKILLS PROGRAMME – July 2021
Are you looking to gain critical skills that will help you stand out in the digital age?
Perhaps you want to develop your digital fluency, enhance your employability, increase your cultural awareness, expand your network, or set yourself up for future success in the workplace?
At Pagoda Projects, we’ve designed an exciting new programme for summer 2021 that will help students achieve these goals while enhancing their future prospects through a fun, educational, and interactive experience.
**pay your full programme fee in one payment and receive a 5% discount with the code SUMMERFIVE!
Here is a summary of what you can expect on the summer programme:
(Estimated time commitment: 15-35 hours spread over 4 weeks)
- 4-week duration, with flexible hours and a start date of 5th July 2021
- Full induction to the Pagoda Projects App from a member of the UK team
- Access to our four digital courses: Intercultural Fluency, Employability Skills, Digital Competency, and Workplace Basics for Graduates
- Certificate of completion for each course
- Pairing with a cultural mentor from one of our amazing overseas destinations, and a platform to discuss interesting topics selected by Pagoda
- Weekly live virtual events focused on unique industry insights, cultural awareness, and gaining new skills
- Opportunity to network with other current participants from around the world
- Full support from the UK and international-based Pagoda teams throughout the entire programme duration
- Access to the Pagoda Projects alumni network, with over 3,000 past participants of our programmes, and where exclusive international job opportunities are posted regularly
Check out the programme video for more details!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Pagoda Projects has over 10 years of expertise in the higher education and international employability sectors. We have distilled out knowledge into a series of skills courses, aimed at developing student’s and recent graduate’s current skillsets, with the fundamental elements needed to improve ‘work readiness’ for a post-pandemic business world.
The skills series includes courses focusing on: Intercultural Fluency, Employability Skills, Digital Competency, and Workplace Basics for Graduates. We believe this framework provides the learner with the agility needed for a global and ever-changing workplace, preparing them with the knowledge to communicate effectively within an international team, and tackle the job market with awareness, preparation, and confidence.
Upon completion of each course, you will be awarded a certificate which can be displayed on LinkedIn or downloaded as a PDF.
Why are these skills important?
87% of employers listed attitudes and aptitudes for work more important than relevant work experience, degree result, and degree subject when hiring a graduate.
Throughout our courses, you will learn:
- Prominent intercultural communication theories, and how to identify and overcome barriers to cross-cultural communication
- How to determine your current level of cultural fluency, and tips for improvement
- An understanding of specific cultural norms in Greater China, Mexico, and Vietnam
- How to create an effective LinkedIn profile, build a meaningful network, write a CV/cover letter, and interview tips
- Digital marketing basics: including social media, SEO, SEM, & content creation
- Best practices when using digital presentation tools, and how to write a compelling speech and deliver it virtually
- How to increase your self-awareness, and why it is vital in the workplace
- Which universal employability skills are currently in demand, and how to demonstrate your skills to potential employers
- And much more!
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
Our summer skills programme is unique because we offer a variety of experiences to benefit students:
The Pagoda Projects App
Our app provides the opportunity to network and communicate with other current and past participants, organize your events calendar, access skills courses and leaderboards, and much more. Expanding your network is extremely beneficial to open the doors to future opportunities.
We will be hosting 1-2 virtual events each week during the programme. These may include live workshops, Q&A sessions with industry leaders, fireside chats, sector-specific webinars, networking events, alumni reunions, and other social activities. Our events are specifically geared towards improving your skills, gaining experience, and fostering a sense of community.
Cultural Mentor Discussions
Possibly the most rewarding aspect of this entire experience is the opportunity to chat weekly with an assigned cultural mentor from a different country. These discussions will allow you to gain valuable intercultural communication skills and bridge cultural barriers to connect students and graduates from all corners of the globe. Discussion topics and themes are provided, and you will produce a weekly cultural blog to share what you have learnt from your cultural mentor. Often, our participants reflect that they have made a new friend through this experience!
Access to our renowned alumni network
At the end of the programme you will be invited to our Linkedin Alumni Network, where we frequently share international job opportunities, scholarships, funding and relevant, interesting news. A great place to network with over 1000 other like-minded students and graduates.
No prior knowledge or experience is required. All you need is a computer or mobile phone with a web browser! In addition, general availability between 10am-2pm (UK time) is required to attend our live events (no more than 1-2 events each week).
The deadline to enroll in our August 2021 Summer Skills Programme is 11th June.
You can choose to pay your full programme fee in one payment and receive a 5% discount with the code SUMMERFIVE!